how can i add variation product to cart from custom link in Woocommerce ?

adriel

Hello,

I am trying to add a variation product to my cart directly through a link. I am setting the variation_id with the query string. As far as I can tell I am sending the data the exact same way as the default variation product form does.

Here's the code inside of my single-product page:
Code:
<a href="<?php echo esc_url( $product->add_to_cart_url() ); ?>&variation_id=262" class="rounded-rect-button add-to-cart">Add to Cart</a>

Conversely, the simple product works fine. I have set prices to my product variations in the admin. Not sure why it's not as simple as sending the data through.

Any help would greatly appreciated :)

Here's a simple example of a link that adds a product to my cart with variation id 262 of stock colors:
Code:
<a href="<?php echo esc_url( $product->add_to_cart_url() ); ?>&variation_id=262&attribute_stock-colors=1">Add to Cart</a>

To use this in a real situation you would need to set the attribute type and variation id dynamically from the options the user picked in a drop down or something like that (unless every product has the same variation, which would basically make it a simple product).

Members online

No members online now.